Ray Nitschke Field, opened in 2009, has been a great addition to the training camp experience. The facility, named in honor of the Hall of Fame linebacker, offers the football team a state-of-the-art practice field and fans a safer, more enjoyable experience taking in practice.
The Packers' outdoor practice fields, both Nitschke Field and Clarke Hinkle Field, were formally named to honor the Packers greats in July 1997 by former Packers General Manager Ron Wolf. Hinkle Field is the team's original, long-established practice field along South Oneida Street, in use since 1958. The team's indoor facility, the Don Hutson Center, was named in honor of the legendary end and was dedicated in July 1994, at a ceremony presided over by the then 81-year-old Hutson himself.
Among the most noteworthy components of Nitschke Field are the new permanent seating structure for approximately 1,500 fans on the field's east side, a 170-yard natural grass field incorporated with DD GrassMaster, the same surface featured on Lambeau Field and Clarke Hinkle Field, a heated portion of the playing field for late-season practices and permanent lighting for night practices.
Gates will open 90 minutes prior to the scheduled practice time and will close 30 minutes after the completion of practice. Concessions will be available for purchase. Carry-ins are permitted, but items such as coolers must be personal in size and not exceed a reasonable amount of space. Smoking and alcohol are prohibited inside the facility.
CLICK HERE for the training camp practice schedule.
Ray Nitschke Field Policies
- Gates will open 90 minutes prior to each scheduled practice and close 30 minutes after each practice (including taking all belongings out).
- Smoking is prohibited inside the facility. Smoking is permitted outside, away from the pedestrian walkway.
- Carry-ins (no alcohol) will be limited to small bags and coolers, and those items must be personal in size and not exceed a reasonable amount of space. Stadium seats (no arms, no larger than 18" wide) are permitted. Folding chairs are prohibited. The carry-in policy will be monitored by Packers personnel. All carry-in items are subject to search by Packers Security staff.
- Garbage/Recycling: There are receptacles inside and outside of the facility for garbage and recyclables. Please help keep areas free of debris.
- Video recording devices (including cell phones as recording devices) and still cameras with lenses more than 12 inches long are prohibited at practice. Fans are welcome to use still photo camera (with lenses less than 12 inches in length) for your personal enjoyment. Commercial use of any photos taken at practice is prohibited.
- Umbrellas are prohibited in the stands for courtesy and safety considerations for all fans. Please bring appropriate rain gear as practice may continue if rain is light or is expected to pass through quickly. Inclement weather may move practice inside to the Don Hutson Center. Any practices moved inside due to weather, poor field conditions or for any other reason will be closed to the public due to space limitations.
- ADA/Wheelchairs: There are designated areas for ADA/Wheelchairs; please do not block.
- Strollers: Due to space limitations in the stands, please park strollers outside of gates against the brick wall. (The Green Bay Packers are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.)
- Bicycles: There is no designated parking for bicycles, but fans may leave them outside the gates against the metal fencing along the parking lot. (The Green Bay Packers are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.)
- Animals/Pets are not allowed; however, service animals are permitted.
- Bring proper sun protection, such as hats and sunscreen.
- Restroom portalets will be located near the practice field for public access.
- Designated parking is in the Lambeau Field lot on the west side of Oneida Street.
- Armed Forces Drive will be closed at Oneida Street and only accessible for west bound traffic off of Holmgren Way, diverting into the Shopko Hall/Brown County Arena parking lot and exiting onto Oneida Street.
- Packers Guest Services will staff an information kiosk at Nitschke Field. Additionally, Guest Service ambassadors (wearing red) will be on hand at each of the practice field gates to assist training camp guests with their questions.
When attending Training Camp, it is important to remember that you may be exposed to heat and humidity. The following suggestions can help you avoid heat-related illnesses and make your visit to Training Camp safe and enjoyable
- Drink plenty of fluids (water or athletic drinks)
- Eating a meal will reduce low blood sugar
- Avoid drinks with caffeine (coffee and soda) – they can dehydrate you
- Avoid alcoholic beverages
- Wear loose-fitting, lightweight and light-colored clothing
- Wear sunglasses and a wide-brimmed hat
- Remember to use sunscreen
- Do not leave children or pets in the car – even with the windows partially open
- Concessions (water, soft drinks, hot dogs, popcorn, chips, peanuts, etc.) will be available at Nitschke Field.